BY STAFF REPORTER, TORONTO:
He may be 5′ but people call Kailesh Kher a tall man. The Indian pop rock and Bollywood playback singer presents his music with style and oomph and captivates audiences all over the world with his unique musical talent. The prominent singer, with a music style influenced by Indian folk music and Sufi music, sings in several languages and is now coming to Toronto.
“I’m coming to your city on September 3 at the Meeting House in Oakville,” says the musician whose musical prowess has mesmerized audiences for decades. The prominent singer, who sings in Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telegu, Kannada, Urdu and Rajasthani languages, has significantly contributed to Indian music by qualifying as one of the leading contemporary Sufi singers.
“You don’t want to miss “Kailash Kher”-Live in Concert,” say Ajay Sharma of AJ Media Entertainment INC who is promoting the event presented by Minhas Lawyers and Minhas Films and Productions. “His music is unique and mesmerizing.”
Having sung more than 70 songs for the Indian film industry, Kher is known for his unique and powerful voice, style and music, and has been established as one of the most successful and popular singers of India. Inspired by classical musician Pandit Kumar Gandharva, Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar,Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, and the renowned Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan , the musician is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards for Best Male Playback Singer for Fanaa (2007), and for the Telugu film Mirchi, along with several other nominations.
The Kailash Kher -Live in Concert is being held on September 3 at The Meeting House, 2700 Bristol Circle, Oakville, and is presented by Minhas Lawyers LLP,Rupinder Minhas, Minhas Films and Productions.
Some Facts about Kailesh Kher:
- Kailesh Kher is only 5’ tall, but definitely makes his presence felt on the music stage.
- When someone makes fun of his height, he says ‘what they are forgetting is that my voice has more power.’
- The renowned musician is married to Sheetal Kher and has one son – Kabir.
- His hobbies are singing, singing and singing.
- In 2003, his song Allah Ke Bande for the 2003 movie Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II became far more successful than the film.
- In 2004, the song also won him Best Male Playback Singer Award at the 2004 Star Screen Awards.
- By 2004, he had performed over 150 Hindi film soundtracks and sung in over18 languages in various regional films.
- He has recorded more than 500 radio and Television advertising jingles.
- In 2005, he became the lyricist for the movie Kaal, also singing the song Ankhiyan Teriya Ve along with Caralisa Monteiro.
- By 2006, he released his first album called Kailasa, which had hit numbers like Teri Deewani and Tauba Tauba.
- He has sung Mangal Mangal for the movie Mangal Pandey.
- As a lyricist, he penned numbers for movies like Traffic Signal (2007) and Dasvidaniya (2008) and Chandni Chowk to China (2009).
- In 2007, Kher participated in a concert tour in the US, Canada and the Caribbean called The Incredibles.
- In May 2007, his second album Jhoomo Re was released and the number Saiyyan was a big hit worldwide.
- In 2008, his third album and first international one called Chaandan Mein was released through the independent record label Cumbancha.
- His fourth album, Rangeele was released through his own company Kailasa Records in 2012.
- He also released another album entitled Ya Rabba.